Heloise from Eating Modern voted me for the Super Sweet Blogger Award. Thank you, Heloise. 🙂 I did some quick Google search and this game seems at the very least a nice way to know who (besides myself) reads my blog and whose blog I read. So, I’ll treat it the same way I treat food: if someone tells me to try something, I’ll try it (except balut, dog meat, bear paws, and so on). Here goes the meme (it’d be nice to know who started it maybe…):
There are three rules to follow:
-The nominees have to thank the person that nominated them.
-Answer the 5 Super Sweet Questions — See below
-Nominate a bakers dozen of other Super Sweet Bloggers and let them know.
1. Cookies or cake: what kind of cookies and what kind of cakes? If not chewy chocolate chip cookies, then cake.
2. Chocolate or Vanilla: chocolate 97% of the time.
3. What is your favourite sweet treat? It’s a three-way tie: ice cream, chewy chocolate chip cookie, and mitarashi dango.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most? I actually don’t crave sweet things that often, probably because I always stock up on ice cream in my freezer. 😉
5. If you had a sweet nickname what would it be? Hmm it seems like my nicknames are pretty savory (bánh canh and phô mai (fromage) :-D) and I’d like to keep it that way 😉
My 12 nominees are: (this is hard… and in no particular order)
– Carolyn Jung at Food Gal – She inspires me, and she’s always so sweet in replying to her readers. I’d love to meet her one day.
– Ben at Focus:Snap:Eat – what can beat a chocolate cookie sandwich?
– Oanh Nguyen at Rau Om – love her amazake and lively personality. And her dinner parties.
– Hyunjoo Albrecht at Sinto Gourmet – okay so her blog is all about kimchi but this is about sweet bloggers, not sweets blogs, right? 😉 Btw, kimchi can be pretty sweet depending on how you define “sweet”. 😉
– “Kid Diva” at The Sugar Bar – her blog has not been active since last December, but I still like it, and I first learned about mitarashi dango from her blog.
– Hong and Kim at The Ravenous Couple – so many macarons
– Anh at A Food Lover’s Journey – she’s publishing a baking cookbook, can’t get sweeter than that 😉
– Catty at The Catty Life – Once she had this series of posts about green tea desserts, my second favorite flavor only after taro.
– Jessica at Food Mayhem – I don’t know, I haven’t met her, but she just seems so sweet. 🙂
– Bob Fukushima at Pacific Rim BBQ – a sweet BBQ guy, whichever way you read it.
– Jen Helsby at Where’s the Seitan? – her blog was short-lived, but we have the greatest time over food whenever we meet.
– Ginger from Ginger and Scotch – her stories in Dubai are just fun to read like a chocolate chip cookie that never goes old.
Jya, mate ☆ﾐ(o*･ω･)